Updated 11 November 2019
Our Managing Director and Principal Consultant, Graham Kenyon, has authored and contributed to a number of leading industry publications and events, a selection of which are listed below:
IET guidance on BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations)
|Guidance Note 1: Selection and Erection (8th Ed now available)
||Acknowledged Contributor, 6th Ed 2011, 7th Ed 2015 and 8th Ed 2018|
|Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing (8th Ed now available)
||Acknowledged Contributor, 8th Ed 2018|
|Guidance Note 5: Protection against electric shock (8th Edition now available)
||Author, 8th Ed 2018 Amendments
Acknowledged Contributor, 6th Ed 2011
|Guidance Note 6: Protection against overcurrent (8th Edition now available)
||Author, 8th Ed 2018 Amendments|
|Guidance Note 8: Earthing & Bonding (4th Edition now available)
||Acknowledged contributor, 2nd Ed 2011, 3rd Ed 2015, and 4th Ed 2018.|
|Electrical Installation Design Guide: Calculations for Electricians and Designers (4th Edition now available)
||Author, 4th Ed 2018 Amendments|
IET technical standards
|Code of practice for electric vehicle charging equipment installation
(3rd Ed Now Available along with a purchase-to-download PDF of Fillable Checklist and Risk Assessment Forms in Annexes B to E)
|4th Ed 2020 (*NEW* available early in 2020)
and 3rd Ed 2018
|Code of practice for electrical energy storage systems||1st Ed 2017 Co-Author
More information, IET video and how to purchase
|Technical Briefing: Electrical energy storage: an introduction||1st Ed 2016 Lead Author
Free to download
|Technical Briefing: Practical considerations for d.c. installations||1st Ed 2016 Lead Author
Free to download
Department of Health
|Technical Memorandum HTM 06-01 Electrical services supply and distribution
||Acknowledged Contributor, 2017 Edition
Free to download
*Award Winning* EDA Electrotechnical product knowledge series 2018 (now available)
|Module EDAIPE1P Introduction to the principles of electricity||First Edition (2018) and reprint (2019)
|Module EDAWDC1P Wiring devices and controls||First Edition (2018) Author|
- *NEW* IET Academy Course Electric Vehicle Charging Installations (author). Pre-book here
- *Due mid-2019* IET Academy Course Electrical Energy Storage Systems (co-author)
Technical press articles
- Working safety with storage: It’s not business as usual, IET Wiring Matters Issue 74 (co-author with Dr Andrew Crossland CEng), March 2019: Read here
- Earth fault loop impedance revision of ENA Engineering Recommendation P23, IET Wiring Matters Issue 72, September 2018: Read here
- Code of practice for electrical energy storage systems – the thought leaders behind the new publication, IET Wiring Matters Issue 66, July 2017: Read here
- Energy storage interview: Graham Kenyon, IET Wiring Matters Issue 63, Winter 2016: Read here
- Technical considerations for d.c. installations, IET Wiring Matters Issue 59, Winter 2015: Read here
Seminar/conference papers and presentations
- IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Installations (draft 4th Edition).
Presentation on the changes planned for this publication, on the IET stand at Highways UK, 6 November 2019.
- BS 7671: 2018 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations Interpreted by our experts.
(5 June 2018, IET Austin Court, Birmingham and 7 January 2019, IET Savoy Place, London)
Graham presented on changes to Overvoltage Control (sections 443 and 534), Part 7 (Special Locations), and the new Appendix 17 (Energy Efficiency), as well as participating in the discussion panel.
- Electromagnetic compatibility Presented at the Electrical Seminar held by the Institute of Healthcare Engineering and Estate Management (IHEEM), at the Thackray Medical Museum, Leeds, on 19 September 2018
- Electrical Energy Storage Systems: how to install, operate and maintain
Presented as IET Webinar, 23 October 2017, but available on-demand.
- IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems
Presentation to Solar and Storage Live, NEC Birmingham, 4 October 2017.
- BS7671:2008+A1:2011 (17th edition IET Wiring Regulations) requirements for EMC in buildings.
Seminar session presented at the IET Seminar “Wireless Communications in Buildings”, 28 September 2011.
A video of the presentation is available to view on the IET TV website. Other presentations from the seminar are also available from the site.
- The Ground Window Concept, 2005-2007
Presented at the IET Tutorial Workshop “Earthing & Bonding Techniques for Electrical Installations” at various locations in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Belfast, between March 2005 and September 2007. The paper is available in one of the published seminar journals, e.g. ISBN
- Practical selection of high integrity / uninterruptible power supplies, 2006
Presentation to the IET BETNET International Conference, Kuala Lumpur, 2 November 2006
- Control of information flooding and mode confusions: lessons from major engineering projects, 2007
Co-authored with W. Ian Hamilton and Joanne Stokes, published in this HFES Europe publication “Human Factors Issues in Complex System Performance”
Seminar and conference discussion panels
- 26 April 2017: Future of Engineering Conference, The need for brilliant minds in standards-setting for new technologies (discussion panel member)
- 18 October 2017: UK Construction Week, Energy storage panel discussion (discussion panel member)